Congrats!! You’ve got a WordPress Website! With a simple, flexible publishing engine at it’s core, WordPress is a powerful tool in the hands of anyone who wants incredible SEO (which you NEED, to be found online), online marketing leverage and social media integration! With the WordPress publishing engine, we have just built you a complex, dynamic, data-driven website. With WordPress, you can truly tailor a blog, informational or e-commerce website to your own design tastes, needs and business goals. All the blogging tools you need are readily available: Some are packaged with the WordPress software; others are third-party plugins and add-ons created by members of the WordPress user community. With a little research, knowledge, and time spent on your part, you can take your WordPress website to a place that gives your customers and readers an exciting experience that keeps them coming back for more.
To keep your WordPress website or blog secure and properly backed up, there is ongoing maintenance to think about. Is it absolutely necessary? Nah, you could go without it. But you could go without an oil change – or tire rotations or regular tune-ups – in your car every few thousand miles, too. Dynamic websites like yours can only “coast” for so long. (read more about static vs. dynamic websites)
The question is…should you neglect this ongoing maintenance? Should you ignore your site’s vulnerabilities? Should you cross your fingers and hope for the best? Or should you keep your site – your content, your products, your message – as safe as possible by keeping current on all WordPress, Plugin and Theme upgrades and should you keep, not only your database, but your site files, backed up on a regular basis, & scanned for malware?
If you’re not sure you want to manage these things on your own, you might consider allowing us to help you.
Our Basic Monthly Website Maintenance Package includes the following:
- Updating WordPress software and keeping current with all upgrades (one of the best ways to keep your site secure and hack-resistant & free of malware. Note: One of the biggest contributors to malware attacks is running outdated software. Protect your users and yourself. Here’s a good, short article on the importance of WordPress Security.)
- Updating all Themes and Plugins
- Database backups
- Monthly backup of every site file on your host’s server, in case of an emergency
- Email correspondence with us to answer maintenance related issues*
* This does not include other, non-maintenance related WordPress questions, but if you bought a website from LuHow Designs, you have unlimited access to our training videos (coming soon).
Basic Website Maintenance $75/month